|ELIGIBILITY: High school juniors who are a direct
descendant, i.e. child, grandchild, great-grandchild or a legally adopted
child, of a U.S. veteran who served during a period of war and is a
delegate to either an American Legion Boys State or American Legion
Auxiliary Girls State program.
Completing a scholarship application can be a difficult task. Below are some tips to help you complete your application.
1. Application must be typed or completed online at www.legion.org. Under Legion Programs click on Resources.
2. Do not attach any documents or additional pages to this application, except as required.
3. Review the entire application before completing it. If a field is left blank, it could count against you. If you do not want to answer a question, put a reason in the field.
4. Proofread your essays and applications in addition to having at least one other person proofread your application. Spelling errors or poor writing skills will have a negative effect on your chances of receiving the scholarship. Incomplete/unprofessional applications are unacceptable.
5. Use your computer to prepare a preliminary document in Word or other document writer. Make sure your application is readable and does not have spelling and gramatical errors.
6. Use a computer to prepare your final document using the fillable PDF form. Use your preliminary document (item 5)and copy the paragraphs into the fillable PDF form.
7. Each application is judged on its own merit so include any information that makes you exceptional and a good candidate to receive the award.
8. Bring the filled out forms to Boys' State